COP15 news releases abound as governments, NGOs and others make their case. Examples include:
- What ’30 by 30′ conservation means for Canada (The Canadian Press)
- Nature based solutions & climate friendly forestry (Council of Cnd Academies)
- Conserving forests and wetland ecosystems in BC (Nature Conservancy)
- BC pledges to protect 30% of province by 2030 (The Narwhal)
- Burning trees for energy is catastrophic for biodiversity (Treehugger)
- Calls for a new mindset in our approach to trees (UK Forestry Commission)
In other news: Alberta on track to meet renewable energy goal; Nova Scotia releases plan to cut emissions; what Quebecers will pay for an greener home; and North America’s mass timber potential. Elsewhere: a gaggle of US housing forecasts; and the 7 senses of architectural design.
Finally, forest genotypes and the scientists that helped solve a Missouri murder.
Kelly McCloskey, Tree Frog Editor