The SLB recently published its Q3 2023 Report, highlighting how the SLB and its funded programs continued to advance the industry’s goal of stimulating demand and expanding softwood lumber markets. Last quarter, SLB-funded programs and initiatives helped achieve significant gains in the market and maximize the impact of the SLB’s investments.
Key highlights include:
- 498 MM BF of incremental demand generated = 1.2 MM metric tons of CO2 stored and avoided.
- Five winners of this year’s Mass Timber Competition awarded $2.2M. Funded jointly by the SLB and USDA Forest Service.
- The SLB Education initiative hosted 52 faculty from 42 US architecture and engineering programs – instructors learned how to better integrate education about wood systems into their own academic programs.
- The American Wood Council is better positioning the industry for a defense of wood in wildland-urban interface zones.
- Think Wood is the top online resource for mass timber.
- WoodWorks directly influenced 122 projects and indirectly influenced 442 projects in Q3.