After more than a week of stress and anxiety, most residents of Summerland, B.C., can return to their homes. “It’s the news we’ve all been waiting for for the last week,” Mayor Doug Holmes told CBC’s Daybreak South. The community of more than 12,000 was forced to flee after the Bald Range wildfire broke out on Aug. 7 and grew explosively, claiming the life of an 80-year-old woman. Holmes said an evacuation order was lifted for 3,380 properties at 7 a.m. PT Tuesday, what he called “the majority of Summerland.” …Geotechnical and power work are being done, said Graham Statt, chief administrative officer of the District of Summerland. …As of Tuesday, 530 properties remain under an evacuation order in the Garnet Valley, Prairie Valley and Meadow Valley. All other Summerland residents remain under evacuation alert and must still be ready to leave at a moment’s notice.